Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bedtime Stories (2008)- Review


This movie has been sitting on my desk for almost a year. It came highly recommended from a dear friend and although I was sceptical at first, in the end I fell for its charms.

Title: Bedtime Stories

Director: Adam Shankman (the dude from 'So you think you can dance')




Starring:

Adam Sandler as Skeeter Bronson
Keri Russel as Jill
Russel Brand as Mickey
Guy Pierce as Kendall


Basic storyline:

Skeeter Bronson is a funny, laid-back good guy who works as a handyman at a hotel that his father once lost to bankruptcy. He is under-appreciated and slightly down on his luck but has a fairly positive outlook on life (despite not believing in happy endings). A twist of fate sees him taking the night shift in taking care of his adorable niece and nephew and their bug-eyed Guinea pig Bugsy, while sweet schoolteacher Jill takes the day shift. Things get interesting when the bedtime stories that Skeeter makes up with the help of the kids start to come true.




What I liked about this movie

It was such a sweet movie. Nothing too complex. Just enjoyable for lazy viewing. There were some really funny scenes too. Plus, I've always had a soft spot for happy endings ;)

What I disliked about this movie

The 'villains' and 'sidekick' were far too annoying and larger than life. Many of the skits or jokes not involving Adam Sandler were forced and sometimes just too silly to be funny.

A quote I liked from the movie

A cherry red Ferrari .. for FREE?

Rating: 3/5



* all pics Googled

PS: I'm sorry.
||A LITTLE EXTRA||

Thanks to puput for this really nice award. It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of getting an A+, hehe. For the proper way to recieve this award please click here.




I would like to pass this award on to Cikidong and his apak, for being an A+ father and son team.


||TRIOND||

I have recently started writing articles on Triond (thanks to Jericho for the intro). Clck if you want to read my first one. Mastering English as a second language.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails