Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Difficult to swallow


It is so disappointing when the food we order is so bad that it is almost inedible. I do admit, when it comes to food, I am a picky eater. However, contrary to a certain accusation during my high school years, snobbery has nothing to do with it.

I don't mind simple food. Seriously, one of the best meals for me would be just fried fish and soya sauce. Disappointing food always makes me feel so sad.

Today we ordered our breakfast, lunch and tea from the Dietetic and Nutrition Department as a show of support to our fellow UKMers. However, the quality of the food was really depressing.

I ordered nasi impit and kuah kacang for breakfast. The peanut gravy came as a watery concoction that seemed to be the result of 12 kg of granulated sugar mixed with some peanuts. I think their semi ok offering for breakfast was probably Zil's mee kolok although it had an uncanny resemblance to a soup flavoured Maggi.

For lunch I had ordered "mee hoon tomyam". What arrived was akin to "meehoon" dipped in tepid water with raw vegetables floating around in it. I was hoping that the chocolate chip muffin I had ordered for dessert would save the day. Alas, the half cooked, soggy excuse for a muffin was the straw that broke this hungry camel's back.

Granted, we were not expecting culinary masterpieces, but is it too much to hope for edible food? With the UKM internet down, I felt so utterly and totally depressed that I went back to the house early. Popped two slices of bread in the toaster and ate them with some butter. The most delicious thing I tasted all day. Crunch!

2 comments:

fiziskandarz said...

ouch!! i'm so sorry to hear that! it's ok if one of the meal turn out bad, but THREE??? glad u still have some bread at home! :D

Hidayah Ismawi said...

tulah pasal.. sedih tak terkata..uhuhu.. apa2hal..nothing beats a good slice of bread..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails