Sunday, March 21, 2010

Curiously, age is just a number


When "The curious case of Benjamin Button" came out, I had no interest whatsover to watch it. Nada. I mean, who wants to see Brad Pitt old, and lets face it what would be the point? Hehe.

Last night, the movie played on HBO and I thought, what the heck. I actually enjoyed it. It was a very interesting movie, although personally I thought the make-up special effects were more garish than realistic.

I wonder what it would feel like to get younger instead of older. Being 30 (yes folks, am not the kind of gal to hide behind a number) and feeling exactly the way I did when I was 17 kinda makes me feel like I'm stuck in perpetual limbo. I always think that one day miraculously I will wake up and feel 30 (it hasn't happened yet, am still waiting). Then again, who's to say how a 30 year old is supposed to act. Heck, I might still feel this way when I reach 50!

I know I should be wiser, more resposible and generally better in control of my life. Suffice to say, I feel none of this. In my defense, at least, I can say, that I have made alot of mistakes and have tried my best to learn from them. To quote one of my favourite lines of all time:

'I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.' The Notebook

Sure, there are many things I wish I had done differently. So tempting to sit and ponder all the 'what ifs' but I know that things happen for a reason. So I am glad that unlike Benjamin Button, I get to grow old with my loved ones..and really who wants to go through the raging hormones of puberty again? Am still traumatized from my first time..hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails