Friday, August 20, 2010

Tell me your dreams by Sidney Sheldon


A few chapters into this book I felt a strange sense of de ja vu (never a good sign). A few more pages confirmed my suspicions. I had read this book before! I'm not exactly sure where or when (since I tend to pick up books off people's shelves all the time when staying over with relatives or friends) but I had no doubt what so ever.

Basic plot

Ashley is a normal single woman who works at an IT firm except for one small thing. She is convinced that someone is stalking her. Terrified and confused she has nowhere to turn. Soon she begins blacking out and waking up with hours, days or weeks totally missing from her memory. As the unbelievable truth reveals itself, she finds that sometimes life itself is a living nightmare.

What I liked about this book

Since it was based on true cases, it was very intriguing. Personally, I have never encountered such cases but I think that Sidney sheldon managed to convey it quite realistically.

What I disliked about the book

The story telling is a bit too simple and straightforward. Especially after the mystery has been solved, the latter half of the book where the trial takes place and the patient is treated seemed to have been a bit too linear. There was little room for my imagination to kick in.

Rating: 2.5/5

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails