Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just fry it

Now that it's the middle of Ramadhan, everybody's appetite has somewhat waned. We are eating less and less for iftar. This usually results in recycling the food for sahur but sincerely, to eat white rice with all the dishes a second time seems less appealing at 5 am.

The solution? Whip up some simple nasi goreng. I love my mom's nasi goreng (mine is not bad either..hehe). There are so many different kinds of nasi goreng to choose from:

source


When I was a girl whenever we went out for dinner or lunch I would order only one thing. Nasi Goreng Ayam Merah/Berlada (or in JB it's referred to as Nasi Ayam Goreng). I used to get confused between Nasi Goreng Ayam and NAsi Ayam Goreng but as far as I remembered, Nasi Goreng Ayam is just normal NAsi Goreng with chicken bits and Nasi Ayam Goreng is the NAsi Goreng with Ayam Merah and sup. There's this awesome gerai at Dewan Jubli Intan near Pantai Lido that makes amazing Nasi Ayam Goreng.

source
 
I went through a phase of liking Nasi Goreng Pattaya too. I thought it was so cool that they could wrap all the Nasi Goreng in the telur dadar. Sadly efforts to replicate this at home have so far been disappointing.



Nowadays I love ordering Nasi Goreng USA. Mainly because of the variety of stuff on the plate, fried egg sunny side up (preferably runny), Daging Masak Merah (or chicken at some places), sometimes with sausages thrown in. Perfect for a person like me who likes multiple lauk on my plate.

source


Lastly, another favourite is Nasi Goreng Seafood bacause I just love love LOVE all types of seafood, especially shrimp and squid.

For me, Nasi Goreng is probably the best solution for our sahur right now. Of course, at my house the Nasi Goreng that usually ends up on the table at 5 am is Nasi Goreng Biasa and Nasi Goreng Cina..hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails