Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The kuih QUIZ

Yesterday, I had an interesting conversation with my good friend who is a self-proclaimed kuih traditional enthusiast and I realized that I was not really one. All my favourite kuih(s) are of the deep fried variety (hehe). So I wondered how many traditional kuih(s) do I actually know. Would you recognize them if you saw them at your Pasar Ramadhan? Are they on your most wanted list? Let's see, shall we?

source
source

source
source
source
source
source
source
source
source
(Answers: akok, buah melaka/onde-onde, cara berlauk, jala emas, kuih lapis, kuih bakar, seri muka, tepung pelita, kole kacang and badak berendam)

So, how did you do? Easy peasy right. That's because I really don't know the rarer ones. Out of the whole list I like only half and my favourites are onde-onde, akok and kole kacang. Other than that, soft squishy kuih(s) really are not my cup of tea. Will eat but will have to be amazing for me to eat more than one.

This is just how I feel waiting for iftar..hehe (source)

||A LITTLE EXTRA||

Just uploaded 3 new books to the online book club, come and browse through these and more at Hidayah's Book Club. Will lend them to you for free :) More books coming soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails