Monday, September 20, 2010

Destinations by Sheila O' Flanagan



Basic book description

This book is a collection of short stories that revolves around the lives of regular commuters on the Dart (Dublin Area Rapid Transport) system. Destinations reveals the inside track on the lives of ordinary commuters and uncovers the hidden links that lie beneath the surface of 'anonymous' city lives.

Two evesdropping passengers learn more than they bargained for; an office-party fling has unforseen consequences; a suburban housewife is forced to face her estranged mother- and her thorny past; an office worker finds her commute to work livened by the daily daily sightings of a handsome stranger; a hot date with the office stud gets off to a disastrous start... is there light at the end of the tunnel? (from book jacket).

What I liked about this book

The short stories were really interesting. Even though they were short the story-telling was compelling and character development was solid. Each story had a little twist that made me smile at the end. Plus some of the characters were re-featured in other stories and the tale was told from a whole new perspective. I had alot of "Oooo so that's what happened!" moments while reading this book. It was great chick lit in delectable bite-sized chunks. Makes you believe that you can find true love on the LRT ;)

What I disliked about this book

There was not much to dislike. Maybe one or two of the stories were not as good as the others but I think that is prob just a matter of personal taste.

A quote I liked from this book

"Suddenly all the things I was so sure about are shifting in my head. I can't seem to grasp what is and is not important anymore. I don't know what I am and am not good at. And I sure as hell don't know why because today is a day the same as any other."
Rating: 4/5

|| BOOKCLUB||

Want to borrow this book and more? Check out Hidayah's Book Club.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails