Thursday, February 10, 2011

I, Alex Cross by James Patterson


Basic Plot

After the shocking news of his estranged niece's horrific murder, on his birthday no less, Detective Alex Cross vows to find her killer. The investigation leads him into the elite party scene, where every fantasy is possible as long as you're important enough to make the guest list. Can money and power buy everything? Even the life of another human being? When the shadow of suspicion falls over the highest of places, unmasking a murderer may lead to unimaginable consequences.

What I liked about this book

High-class call girls, a S&M freak with a God-complex named Zeus, a woodchipper turned body disposal unit and a White House scandal- need I say more?
What I disliked about this book

I'm no sure if it's because I've read and seen too many 'Whodunnits' but I had the murderer pegged even before the body was found. There was a weird sense of de ja vu surrounding this book, for some reason I kept thinking.. "I've seen this movie!". Another thing I disliked was that there were characters and subplots that were totally irrelevant (namely his girlfriend & family). The chapters dedicated to them seemed totally disjointed and out of context with the main plot.

A quote I liked from the book

I was starting to get real sick of people pretending that none of this was happening.

Rating: 3/5

CymLowell

||MBP||

Latest post for MBP is out. Click here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails